“Wakin’ up too early
Maybe we could sleep in.
I’ll make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it’s the weekend now.”
– Jack Johnson
This song describes my boyfriend so well. He IS Jack Johnson (Well… maybe just a little less famous). He is all about forgetting the world, jammin’ to some music, and living in the present. That’s why he’s part of my medicine.
So last week, Gabe was craving something sweet. Since such a thing does not exist in my house (at least not with sugar) he said, “Babe! We could make those pancakes tonight!” And so we did. At 10 pm, we made banana & egg pancakes. Cuz we’re awesome.
Anyways, these are awesome and delicious and you need to make them right now. At 8 am, 2 in the afternoon, or 2 in the morning.
Originally, they are supposed to be 2-ingredient pancakes. But I have added a few more ingredients, plus toppings, that you always have in your house. So, it’s still as easy as 2 ingredients 🙂
GF, DF, SF, Paleo, Vegetarian
- 2 eggs
- 1 (very ripe) banana
- Coconut oil
- Strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas (!!!)
- Peanut Butter
- Mash banana inside itself (Ooh!). It’s easier and more flavorful. Combine in a bowl with 2 eggs and just mix and mush away.
- If you so choose, hard laborer, add some cinnamon (or tons of cinnamon) and a teaspoon of vanilla. Peanut butter… who really needs it?
- Heat some coconut oil in a small pan on medium heat. Okay the heat thing is so important here – you want the pancakes to hit the pan and start forming after only about 10-20 seconds.
- Add a tiny amount of pancake batter for each pancake – just larger than a silver dollar. The smaller the better. Play with turning the heat higher or lower to see what you like, but you don’t want it on there long – 25-40 seconds each side.
- You may need to add more oil as you make more pancakes (after about 3-4)
- Spread some coconut oil on top and garnish with fruit.
Seriously, no syrup is needed. These things are amazing, and totally justifiable for dessert… at 10 pm… on a weeknight. You have my blessing.
I put half in a ziplock in the fridge and they are really good the next day, microwaved for about 30 seconds!
*This makes about 10-15 little baby pancakes, babycakes!