“Wakin’ up too early
Maybe we could sleep in.
I’ll make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it’s the weekend now.”
– Jack Johnson
This song describes my boyfriend so well. He IS Jack Johnson (Well… maybe just a little less famous). He is all about forgetting the world, jammin’ to some music, and living in the present. That’s why he’s part of my medicine.
So last week, Gabe was craving something sweet. Since such a thing does not exist in my house (at least not with sugar) he said, “Babe! We could make those pancakes tonight!” And so we did. At 10 pm, we made banana & egg pancakes. Cuz we’re awesome.
GF, DF, SF, Vegan, Paleo
Yum! These muffins are sweet and moist! Even if you aren’t a fan of sweet potatoes, these muffins are a great sugar-free option. They really do not taste as “healthy” as a lot of the other muffin recipes I have found, which I for one, definitely appreciate! 🙂
- 3/4 C Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C Mashed Sweet Potatoes (cooked)
- 1/2 C Nuts (I use peanuts)
- 1/2 C Raisins or other dried fruit mix
- 1/4 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 C Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/8 C Shredded Carrot
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (Clabber Girl is GF)
- 1 tsp Salt
GF, DF, SF, Vegan (if no eggs)
Ohhh cookies! How I miss thee! These cookies are how I got through my sugar-withdrawals for the first month. You’re able to perform the action of biting into a real cookie, with real taste. If focusing on sugar-free, just make sure to get dried fruit without any added sugar. The SMELL these cookies make while they are in the oven… well, you’ll just have to make some yourself!
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I always add a little extra)
- 1 cup dried fruit (apricots, dates, raisins, etc.) no added sugar
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup nuts (I use peanuts)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt