Snack, snack some more, and just a little bit more…!
Okay I’m addicted. First of all, I should say that these posts are few and far between because I uprooted and moved to Charleston, SC and started graduate school the next day. Life has been crazy ever since and I’m barely getting a moment to catch up with friends, let alone write any new posts. Hopefully it will calm down a bit soon, but in the mean time, I just HAD to share this recipe with you all.
This is the best granola I’ve found so far that doesn’t have any added sugar and I officially have to have it in my kitchen at all times!! It makes several jars worth, so I typically freeze a couple jars so it stays nice and fresh, and it really freezes great!
I found this recipe on Spoonful of Sugar Free (where I’m finding a ton of recipes lately) so huge thanks to Alex. Her blog is full of recipes that I don’t have to adapt because they’re already free of added sugars. So much love going out to her. I have just slightly adapted this recipe to be more GP friendly and more to my taste preference.
GF, DF, SF, Vegan
- 3 Bananas
- 3 C gluten free rolled oats
- 1 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 Tblsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 300*
- Mash the bananas and combine with coconut oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Add coconut flakes, nuts, and oats.
- Spread on a cookie sheet evenly, using almost the whole sheet (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring two times throughout. When you stir, be sure to flip the pieces over and break them up, so it doesn’t stay one big clump.
- Cool and store in glass mason jars for optimal freshness.
- Makes five 8 oz jars. (I usually freeze 2-3 and they come out great!)
Thanks Alex! This recipe is an awesome snack for me, and although it’s incredibly addicting, it’s exactly what I need when I’m having a rough week.
What fun add-ins will you include in your granola? I bet this would be awesome with some pineapple and apricot bits for a tropical medley. Let me know if you discover a tasty combination!
One thought on “Granola”
Glad you enjoyed it! Love the pics 🙂