I (still) don’t know what to call this…
When searching for a chocolate recipe, I had a lot of trouble finding one without any added sugars (including natural sugars), as I often do when searching for desserts. I have adapted this from several recipes I found to be completely free of added sugar and it tastes awesome! To make it a bit sweeter, I added bananas and created a tort of sorts… errr a sort of tort?
GF, DF, SF, Vegan
- 1/2 C peanut butter (I use mara-natha)
- 1/2 C. applesauce
- 1 large banana (mashed)
- 1 1/2 C zucchini (peeled, chopped in food processor)
- 3/4 C gluten free oats (ground in food processor)
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: If you like things a bit sweeter, add in 2 Tbslp of honey or maple syrup
- Optional toppings: Top with peanut butter and extra banana
- Preheat oven 350* and coat 8×11 inch pan with coconut oil (or butter, or non-stick spray).
- Mix first 3 ingredients (PB, applesauce, & banana) with electric mixer in a medium bowl.
- Grind up oats and add to mix, then grind up zucchini in food processor and add.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until center knife inserted comes out a little gooey, and knife inserted 1-2 inches from edge comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into 15-20 pieces.
- Top with bananas, strawberries, pineapples, or coconut!
I love to hear more suggestions on toppings for this treat! What did you use?
One thought on “Zucchini Brownies/ Tort – No added sugar!”
oh! this looks awesome!!! thanks for sharing! 😀