Nature’s sweet treat
Sweet potato fries are a special treat because of their natural sweetness. I eat these as a sweet snack, or even dessert some nights. For the POTS folks out there, it’s a great salty snack as well to increase blood volume. These babies keep well in the fridge and are a great go-to snack when you’re search for something “healthy” to munch on but don’t have a lot of time.
GF, DF, SF, Paleo, Vegan
- 1 sweet potato per person
- 1-2 Tblsp fresh cilantro, thyme, rosemary, or parsley (my favorite is rosemary)
- 1 Tblsp salt
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Chop cilantro
- Cut sweet potatoes into strips, or into squares as shown in the photos.
- Note: if you have trouble chopping the potato, you can pop it in the microwave for a minute or two to soften.
- Rub olive oil on each fry individually, carefully coating them all evenly.
- Add herb(s) and salt on top.
- Lay out evenly spaced on cookie sheet flat, trying not to get too much excess oil in the pan (a baking sheet with edges is best so the oil doesn’t run off the sides).
- Cook for 15 minutes. Then flip each over.
- Cook another 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them! Serve warm.
For fancy serving, roll up a piece of paper like a cotton candy stick and insert into cup for a creative look!