Oatmeal – really, Emily?
So, before this oatmeal recipe I really hated oatmeal. I mean, I disguised it. Since I’m on a sugar-free, gluten-free diet, my only breakfast option was eggs. I really wanted to expand that and after trying several oatmeal recipes, I finally found one I really like! The trick is to add in all kinds of great toppings and flavors. I never thought I would say this, but, now I think I’m falling in love with oatmeal!!
GF, DF, SF, Vegan
- Boil 1 cup of water. Measure 1/2 cup oats in a bowl.
- Add to oats, cinnamon to taste (~1 Tblsp) and vanilla, 1 tsp (optional).
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over oat mixture and stir 2 minutes.
- If using peanut butter, add 1 Tbslp.
- Top with fruit, raisins, nuts, dried fruit, or other yummy ideas!
Strawberry Banana Raisin Oatmeal
Banana Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
Note: This is an awesome idea for traveling with food sensitivities. You just bring a tupperware container with oats and cinnamon already measured out. Ask for hot water (such as for tea or hot cocoa) at the airport or gas station. Bring your own fruit for topping, or buy some and chow down!
Share your ideas for toppings and combinations in the comments below! I would love to try new flavors!!