What a simple warming dessert for the coldest of evenings.
This should not even require a trip to the grocery store! If you have peaches laying around the house, you should have the other ingredients too, making it the perfect evening treat for those cold winter nights!
GF, DF, SF, Vegan
- 1 cup fresh peaches, or canned if not in season (sugar free, use no sugar added in water)
- 2-3 Tblsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix 1 Tblsp melted coconut oil, 1 tsp cinnamon, and peaches.
- Separately mix 1-2 Tblsp melted coconut oil, 1 tsp cinnamon, and oats.
- Optional, add a splash of nutmeg to each mixture.
- Split peach mixture into two small oven-safe ramekins.
- Cover each with oat mixture.
- Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes.
- I like to stir the oats in while it’s hot because I like them softer.
That’s it! Love this recipe. The second dish will keep well overnight and I re-heat in toaster oven for the next day 🙂 I use this as a dessert, but it also makes a yummy breakfast!
Recipe adapted from the lovely Chandice at Gluten Free Frenzy here.
Note: I cannot find canned peaches that truly have no sugar added. Even the Del Monte in water with “no sugar added” contain Sucralose. If you find any without sugar ingredients let me know! Otherwise, I’m sticking to this recipe only when peaches are in season.