The Perfect Summer Tacos
Yum! This recipe was made on-a-whim when Gabe and I wanted to make a quick and easy dinner on the grill. I stopped by pinterest for a few minutes and quickly decided to do some chicken tacos when I stumbled upon this awesome watermelon cucumber salsa. We are a little obsessed… It was love at first bite!
What I love so much about this recipe is that it’s just perfect for a summer BBQ! The watermelon is wonderfully cool and refreshing, while mixing so well with the salty corn tortilla! The cucumber and watermelon just give it a great crunch as you bite into the taco. And the cilantro! Ahhh it’s just so tasty!
GF, DF, SF
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds grilled chicken breasts
- Olive oil (about 8 Tblsp)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped watermelon
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 small jalepeno, finely chopped
- 2 Tblsp cilantro
- a sprinkle of salt
- Corn tortillas
- Place raw chicken breasts in a ziplock bag with enough olive oil to coat.
- Mix ingredients for watermelon salsa in separate bowl: watermelon, cucumber, green chili, jalepeno, cilantro, salt, and lime juice.
- Grill the chicken breasts. Chop into bite sized pieces, or long skinny strips.
- Throw the corn tortillas on the grill, or in a pan on the stove to heat and slightly brown.
- Assemble tacos with chicken and top with watermelon salsa.
- Serve warm.
For the cilantro-hating folks out there (I know who you are! ;)) try subbing it for some onion or another herb. I wouldn’t exclude it completely because it really adds a great flavor that should probably be replaced.
I know you guys are going to love this one. It’s just great for summer and especially fitting for Memorial Day this Monday!
This recipe was inspired and adapted from Iowa Girl Eats here.
4 thoughts on “Watermelon Cucumber Grilled Chicken Tacos”
This looks delicious! I love the refreshing aspect of your toppings, while adding in a little bit of spice! Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Thanks! I hope you enjoy your Memorial Day weekend too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the cilantro subbing options 😉
I got your back sista! 😜