Fresh, warm, and full of flavor
No seasoning packets or taco sauces needed, just simple seasonings from your cupboard. This meal can be put together in under 15 minutes and requires very few ingredients from the store! Just run in and grab ground beef, tomato, cilantro, and tortillas!
GF, SF, DF
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I shoot for 90% or more)
- 2 packets Minute Multi-grain rice medley (or any other rice – I prefer this because it has quinoa, brown rice & other types all mixed together)
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Corn Tortillas
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tblsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tblsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Begin making rice stovetop according to directions.
- In a separate medium to large skillet on medium high heat, brown the ground beef. Add seasonings and heat on low.
- Dice tomatoes and chop cilantro.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet or in the microwave (20 seconds) with a wet paper towel on top.
- Begin layering: Rice, beef, tomatoes, cilantro, and a squirt of lime juice.
- Optional add-ins: lettuce, cheese, onion, salsa, taco sauce
- Serve hot. These make great leftovers if the beef and rice are stored separately in air-tight containers in the fridge. Re-heat rice in a ziplock bag to “steam.”