Tons of flavor, loved by all!
This is my favorite soup in the entire world. It has SO much flavor, so many good veggies, and is just a great broth-based soup. Your sinuses will be running by the time you’ve taken the 3rd bite because of the intense flavor. Just wait until you try it!
“Wakin’ up too early
Maybe we could sleep in.
I’ll make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it’s the weekend now.”
– Jack Johnson
This song describes my boyfriend so well. He IS Jack Johnson (Well… maybe just a little less famous). He is all about forgetting the world, jammin’ to some music, and living in the present. That’s why he’s part of my medicine.
So last week, Gabe was craving something sweet. Since such a thing does not exist in my house (at least not with sugar) he said, “Babe! We could make those pancakes tonight!” And so we did. At 10 pm, we made banana & egg pancakes. Cuz we’re awesome.
GF, DF, SF, Vegan, Paleo
Yum! These muffins are sweet and moist! Even if you aren’t a fan of sweet potatoes, these muffins are a great sugar-free option. They really do not taste as “healthy” as a lot of the other muffin recipes I have found, which I for one, definitely appreciate! 🙂
- 3/4 C Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C Mashed Sweet Potatoes (cooked)
- 1/2 C Nuts (I use peanuts)
- 1/2 C Raisins or other dried fruit mix
- 1/4 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 C Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/8 C Shredded Carrot
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (Clabber Girl is GF)
- 1 tsp Salt
GF, SF, Paleo,
Can be Vegan (no chicken & cheese) & DF (no cheese)
- 3/4 lb Chicken strips or breasts- 2 cups cooked
- 1/2 – 1 small Zucchini (chopped & halved)
- 1/2 – 1 small Summer Squash (chopped & halved)
- 1 chopped Bell Pepper
- 1/2 chopped Onion (1/2 -1 inch pieces)
- 1 14 oz can of Artichokes hearts chopped
- 3 small Potatoes (2-bite potatoes)
- 3 C Spinach (torn in pieces)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 – 1 1/2 jar(s) Tomato Sauce (32 ounces)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 sprig Rosemary
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 Tblsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put chicken in pot with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes simmering. Do not overcook! Cut chicken into small strips or squares.
- Chop up all the veggies.
- Set oven temperature to 375*
- (Optional) Pour olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat and cook zucchini, onion, peppers, squash, garlic, artichoke and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine veggies, tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt & pepper, spinach, and chicken in 2 quart casserole dish.
- (Optional) Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring halfway through.
Makes 2 quarts.
GF, DF, SF, Vegan, Paleo
These are the most amazing, flavorful, juicy roasted veggies – Ever! I found the recipe on google from The Wednesday Chef and just changed a few of the veggies to my liking. I have to admit, I’m not a big fan of cooked vegetables in general, (I prefer raw veggies) but with gastroparesis, cooking them is a must. I’m so happy to have found this recipe because I can eat these throughout the day, as a side or snack, and they stay good for at least a week, so I can keep them around for a while. It’s got some great juices in the bottom as well that keep it nice and moist. Get ready to fall in love!
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Tomatoes
- Potatoes- I like the mini yellow ones (5)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 7-10 Tblsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- Salt & pepper
Other ideas: Eggplant, Asparagus, Leeks, Beets, Broccoli & Cauliflower (not GP friendly for me), Fennel, Green beens, Persimmons, Turnips